Tuesday 26 January 2010

SUPER

Basically after reading The Secret Diary Of Adrian Mole Aged 13 and 3/4's I wanted to write a book similar to that.

I concocted the idea of SUPER.

A boy is set the simple task of writing a diary for a week for homework. He keeps up the diary after he finds himself enjoying the task. There are instances when he feels strong emotions that he has strange situations such as turning invisible and even flying.

He's a super hero!

So the diary will follow Jack Groves as he accustoms to his powers and gains new ones. It also focuses on the emotional effects getting powers could have on a kid of 14. He'll think he's going crazy, has a life threatening disease and so on.

Theres also the fact that we doesn't know whether to tell anyone about this and also as he is only young, should he actually be a super hero?

Now I wanted the diary to be realistic so he clearly won't be donning the old tights but it would be interesting to see where he goes from there with the powers.

I haven't planned a lot of the story however I have certain side stories already written down and all the characters sorted. I'm taking each diary entry as it comes and not jump straight to the good parts where he gets the powers.

I want it to be Adrian Mole mixed with Heroes!

I might post a few of the fun diary entries in a blog soon for your reading pleasure.

What do you guys think of it all?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds cool dude, stick with it... I was Nigel in the play version once upon a time

    ReplyDelete